Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Evergreens and aspen...

My prayer:

Thank you God for your healing power and all of the people you healed tonight! I love seeing you do your thing! Thank you as well for giving your people such generous hearts. One of my favorite things is to see your children acting like children of God, loving and providing for others. We don't always get it right but once in awhile we do and it is beautiful.

There is one more thing I would like to ask for before the day is done. God, I pray for a heart of thanksgiving in me and in all your children. It is so easy for us to get focused on what we don't have and that next big thing that we often lose sight of the blessings that you have for us right now. I ask for a heightened awareness and appreciation for your right now blessings in our lives. 

Thank you Jesus!

What God Said Tonight:

Evergreens are unusual in that they do not change nearly as much as other trees. They stay green all year. They produce pine cones to reproduce. They are sturdy and stable. But, when you go on your hikes, how often do you look at an evergreen and say, "wow, what a beautiful tree." You don't. But the aspen, trees that change dramatically with each season, you see them and can't get enough of their beauty. You make special holiday trips just to look at them. 

There is something about things that are stable and unchanging that make it more difficult for you to recognize and appreciate them. It is not a right or wrong thing, it just is. 

I never change. I am , always. So, if you are going to appreciate me and the things that I do, you will have to make an effort. It may not come naturally all the time. Just as you walk through the evergreens, hoping to find an aspen grove, you walk through your life with me on the look out for the miracle. The miracles are great and beautiful but the everyday things I do for you, that don't change and are always there, those things are good too. 

Take time to appreciate the evergreens in your life. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment