Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

God's anger...

My prayer:

Wonderful Lord. As you know, I have been reading the gospels a lot lately and I am puzzled by something. Well, maybe puzzled is the wrong word but I am noticing something I have not noticed in the past. Jesus, was tough. I grew up with this image of Jesus as being this sweet, loving, kind and gentle man. And, I see those aspects of him in the gospels; however, I also see that he, that you, were angry A LOT. 

I see that Jesus never backed down from a confrontation. At most, he would cease to answer. And, how many times did they try to stone you? I think I have counted up to five so far. 

I think maybe the image that I have had of Jesus has been a bit off. I have always thought of Jesus as the sweet side of you God and the Father as the tough side. Now it does not seem so clear cut. 

Love you God, all of you.

What God Said Tonight:

I have many more aspects of me to show you. I am infinite, all powerful, all knowing, and Lord of the universe. It is not possible for you to know all of me even in one hundred lifetimes. But we do have eternity together so you will have time. 

My nature is to love. My reaction can sometimes seem harsh. But the harshness is only a result of seeing others put in danger or harmed. I will always get angry and fight back when someone tries to hurt one of my kids. Whether that is through physical pain, spiritual pain or emotional pain, I will defend you now and forever in every circumstance. 

My anger, my wrath is never for you . I have you covered in my righteousness and therefore you are loved. I will protect you to the ends of he earth and beyond. Nothing evil shall come near you and nothing shall harm you. That is a promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment