Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Paths vs. rice...

My prayer:

God, I have never in my life felt so many "compulsions" to do things as I do right now. I am acting on them too and they seem to be working out. I just REALLY hope they are from you. I really hope that I am not going down paths that will result in pain, hurt, devastation. 

It has really just been in the last week or so that I have begun to recognize how much of my life, my decisions are based on the fear of messing things up. Life is really good right now and has been for awhile. I don't want to mess that up. But, I also believe that you have more for me, for us, and you don't usually get more or move forward without action. 

God, if I am not on your path, if I am making a path independent of you, PLEASE make it clear to me and help me to get on your path. If I am on your path or a path that you can at least work with, I pray for peace to know I should keep on keeping on.

What God Said Tonight:

Your life is not a single path moving forward. Your life is like a pile of rice with many millions of components interacting at any given time. Your only destination is up. Your only destination is me. 

I can and do work with whatever decisions you make, whatever "paths" you take. I will guide you and lead you, I will nudge you  once in a while because I love you and because you are listening. But, truthfully, worry less about your decisions and spend more time focused on us, you and me. Every second you spend focused on our relationship will yield more than piles of "right" decisions. 

Give me your time, your attention, your thoughts, your heart, and I will give you the opportunities, the joy, the peace, the relationships, and the provision you need. You will have true shalom. nothing missing nothing lacking. That will be your life as you get your mind truly stayed on me. 

I love you daughter and I will take care of you, wherever you go and whatever you do. I promise.

2 comments:

  1. Woow this is the exact same prayer that I have been praying and I feel like the Lord has just spoken to me as well. Now I understand what He meant when He said his words are for you and not for you alone.

    Indeed He is faithful, loving and ever concerned and always on time. He's got the answer to everything and its just amazing. Marilyn you are blessed dear!

    ReplyDelete