Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Happy Birthday Jesus!

My prayer:

Happy Birthday Jesus! I hope it was wonderful. I hope you were blessed by people celebrating the day you came to be born here on earth. 

It seems we are always fighting to put aside all of the things that have become associated with Christmas that do not have anything to do with you. They have become accepted and expected and it is difficult to not get distracted by them, especially because so many of them are really fun! 

I guess, when I think about it, that is a struggle with everyday life. It is so easy to distracted with the things of this world and get our focus off of you and your new covenant relationship with us. It takes real dedication and effort to be in this world and not of this world. I know I get it wrong more often than I get it right.

But, tonight, right now, I want you to know how grateful I am to you, not just for what you have done but how you did it. It hasn't always made sense to me why you saved us the way you did but I am beginning to understand more and more that the "how" of our salvation is a beautiful reflection of your love for us. Not just that you wanted to save us from ourselves but that you did it in a way that redeemed us fully and made us one with you. You will never leave us or forsake us because we are one with you. You cannot leave yourself. 

Thank you. I am humbled by your love. 

What God Said Tonight:

I had a wonderful birthday and was blessed by so many. Every knee shall bow and every voice proclaim that I am Christ. That moment, which is not so far way anymore, will be a glorious sound and a momentous event that will never be equaled. The angels in heaven will join in. The demons will have their say but all will acknowledge the Kingship and Lordship of Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment