Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, July 29, 2013

Listen more...

My prayer:

All knowing God. We are all, me very much included, trying to figure out this thing called life. We are trying to figure out what to do, when to do it, how to do it. We are trying to understand our purpose and your plan for us. We always have more questions than answers. But you have all of the answers. You know the end from the beginning. 

That is why I seek you so continually on everything. I have a brain and I try to use it to the best of my ability but I also have a teacher who has the answer key to the test. I understand that you can't tell me everything whenever I ask. Then I would never learn or grow and I would still be an infant spiritually. But, I sure do appreciate when you do answer. 

I am so grateful for all the times you told me to turn left, do that next thing, don't do that other thing, and to love always. Your daily or near daily assurances of being on the right path are truly precious God. Without that, during the times in my life that I have not been able to hear you, I am truly frightened. Life without your guiding voice is nearly intolerable. 

Thank you God for your voice, your direction, you wisdom and your help.

What God Said Tonight:

I am your ever present help. 

You are right, I don't always speak. Sometimes I want you to think things through, step out in faith, try it out on your own. However, that doesn't happen nearly as often as you think it does. Most of the time, I am talking to you and trying to help but you are not listening. You are distracted by the situation or the worry. Worry is a big part of what keeps you from me in the midst of challenges in life. 

When you come to me, worship me, rest in my peace, I can sweep away that worry and you can hear my voice. Worry is a load clanging thing that keeps you from hearing me. 

There are other things that keep you from hearing me. Don't let the distractions and worry rob you of the wisdom and help I want to give you. Life is hard but it does not have to be as hard as you think it does. 

Listen more, worry less, and you will see the way out much more quickly. 

Love you... rest now. We will talk more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment