Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Friday, May 31, 2013

Tomorrow is not promised...

My prayer:

Wonderful Father. You have always said that we are not promised tomorrow and days like today really bring that home. Cousin "D" left to be with you today. No warning, he was just driving along and got t-boned in an intersection. Everything was going so good for him and then suddenly, he isn't here anymore. 

I am grateful that he is with you and we will get to see him again someday. But, I feel so horrible for his wife and kids. Such a huge loss in their lives.

Then, I turn on the news and see that Oklahoma is getting hit with more tornadoes and flooding. More people have died. It is hard to understand God.

I know that death doesn't mean that it is over for us. It just means we get to live in heaven with you which is not a bad deal at all. But, it is pretty hard on all of us left behind. There are people in our lives that when they are gone, they leave a hole and those holes are pretty hard to fill.

I pray God for comfort and healing for everyone who has lost someone close to them. I pray that you help us through it and that you fill those holes.

Thank you Jesus.

What God Said Tonight:

It is easy to focus on the one that is gone. It is the obvious thing to do. And, you will miss them. You will mourn your loss. But, when the mourning time is over, what I need you to do is focus just as much on everyone who is left in your life as you did on the person who was taken from you. 

There would be a lot less regret and sorrow in your life if you spent dedicated and focused time appreciating the people around you more often. You truly are not promised tomorrow, so if there are things you want to say, people you want to hug, do it today. Don't put it off until tomorrow. Never procrastinate when it comes to love. Love now and love often. 

Leave every interaction with the conscious knowledge that you may never see that person again. And, if you don't, did you leave them with the words you want them to remember and the words that you would feel good about remembering?

It is a way of living that may feel strange initially but will yield great love and little to no regrets in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment