Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Relationship with God...


My prayer:

Wonderful Lord. I have been studying your relationship with Moses lately and it is kind of fascinating. He argued with you and contradicted you a lot. Sometimes you listened to him and even changed your mind. 

I am not sure that I would have the confidence to argue with you the way he did. I mean, you are the God of the universe, all knowing, all powerful, and existing at all times and places. How could I even think that I would know better than you on anything? 

But then, when I think about it, every time something doesn't go the way I think it should, I may not argue with you but I definitely question you and ask you what is up. I guess that is kind of like what he did. But, in the end, I usually recognize that you had the best plan all along. Moses didn't always see it that way. 

Anyway, it is interesting. I have always thought of Moses as this really holy guy, leading the Israelites out of Egypt and into the promised land, setting up your laws, and he was. But, he wasn't an obedient or meek guy who just did what you told him. He fought you on things and sometimes he won the fight or convinced you of his point. 

What God Said Tonight:

My relationship with each person is unique. Not because I change but because you are all, each one of you, unique. I have some relationships that are sweet peace and love almost all of the time. David was a relationship like that. Not that he was perfect but his heart for worship made an environment of joy and love for us. Then there are the fighters, like Moses. Most people are a mix of both. 

The point is, I can and will meet you right where you are. My relationship with you will be perfectly suited to who you are. That is why every person needs to get to know me personally in order to experience the fullness of what I have for them. You can tell people about your relationship with me but until they experience a relationship with me in their life, it will not mean that much to them. 

I have said it before, but I am everything you need. That is because I am everything. But it is also because I know how unique you are and I know your personal needs. I made you. And it is with that knowledge that we begin to build a relationship. 

Get to know me like I know you and we can build something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment