Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mirrors...

My prayer:

Hi God! Thank you for a wonderful day. 

Something I noticed today, or maybe I have been noticing it for the last week or so but it really stood out today. We, your children, know who you say that we are but we have a hard time really believing it. 

You have told us we are a Royal Priesthood that we are above and not beneath, that we are children of the most high God, set apart and made holy. You have told us that we are destined to succeed and that everything we do will prosper. 

These are all promises you have for us and how you see us. But, we very seldom see ourselves that way. I know so many beautiful (inside and out) women who feel worthless most of the time. I know so many men who are mighty men of God but who have been beaten down by life and are afraid that they will never be who they "should" be so they just stop trying all together. And, you know that I don't see me right. 

God I pray and ask that you give us new eyes to see. I pray and ask that you help us to see ourselves as you see us. I believe that with this new found understanding of who we are, we will finally be able to accomplish the things that you have for us and the things that are on our hearts. 

What God Said Tonight:

The problem is that you are looking in the wrong places to see who you are. You are looking in the mirror of society, the mirror of those around you, you are looking in mirrors that make comparisons. Your worth is not dependent on the worth of those around you. Your worth is determined by me. 

You know how it is. You think your house is a fine house to live in until you go to a friend's house and see how well they live. Suddenly your house isn't good enough. It is the same thing when you start to compare yourself to others. 

Your only yardstick should be me. Your only concern should be "What does God think of me?" I know there is the popular saying of WWJD (What would Jesus do?). I would ask that you think of it a bit differently  Ask "What would God think of me doing...?" You know how I think, you know what I think of you, use those as your guides and your measuring sticks for who you are and how you are doing. 

The only one watching is me and I love you more than you will know. A big part of life is learning to see yourself. An even bigger part of life is learning to see me. When you begin to see me in you, you have it made! Love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment