Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Savior of the world...

My prayer:

Perfect God. I have definitely been struggling with that "not good enough" feeling again lately. There is so much to do, so many hurting people, so many needs and I know that no matter what I do, it won't ever be enough. Most of the time, I am ok with that. I mean, I understand that you have a whole army of believers here and we each just need to do our part. I also understand that anything we try to do through our own power and skill will never work. It has to be your power and the skills you give to us. 

I know all of that in my head. Sometimes I even know it in my heart. But lately, this week and a lot today, I just feel like there is too much and my measly attempts to make it better are too pitiful to matter. 

Ok, sorry for the whining but I needed to get it out. and you so often tell me I can bring anything to you. Anyway, I don't know what I am asking for. Maybe I need direction? If you can make sure that I am doing the things that you want me to be doing that will have the biggest impact for you, your people and your kingdom? 

God, if there are things that I am doing that are not your perfect will for me, please let me know and I will stop them. If there are things that I am not doing that you want me to be doing, let me know and I will start doing them. If there are things that i am doing but you want me to do more of, let me know and I will do more of it. 

Thank you God. You are a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path and you will guide me always!

What God Said Tonight:

You are not the savior of the world. You are my child. there are only two things you need to do, love me and love people. Go back to basics an remember that love is the core, the base that all else comes from. 

If what you are doing is out of love, than it is the right thing to do. If you are living a life out of love, then you are doing the right things that will have great impact. Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be. 

You cannot save anyone. Not a single person. And it is not your job. It is my job to save people. I am the savior of the world. I came and died so you might live. No man could do that. 

What you can do is what you were made for. Love. Don't make it any more complicated. Just love. Rest tonight and be ready to love tomorrow. Be the encourager I made you to be. Let people know how wonderful and precious they are. Let them feel my love through you. 

Now, how you do that, doesn't really matter. But, doing it, loving, does matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment