Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, March 12, 2012

Criticism...

My prayer:
Thank you God for teaching me about being correctable. I lived so much of my life getting defensive when people were critical instead of looking to see what truth there might be in their criticism. As you know, I still struggle with it at times. 


Looking at others, I can see how much better all of our lives could be if we were able to listen to and change as a result of criticism that is given in love. I watched a dear friend lose their job today and it was because she could not hear the critical feedback she had been given. Instead, she got defensive and came up with all of the reasons that it was not her fault. 


How many times have I done that God? How many opportunities have I missed out on because I was too proud to receive correction? 


God, you have brought me a long way in this but help me to be even better. Help me to be like King David, who even when he was King over all of Israel immediately repented and turned from sin as soon as someone, anyone, pointed it out to him. He didn't get defensive. He didn't get angry. He just looked at it honestly, took responsibility, repented and asked for forgiveness. I want to be like that God. 


I love you Jesus. Thank you for your forgiveness.


What God Said Tonight:
Sometimes it is easier for people to look at themselves in the mirror when they ignore the flaws within them. However, the true reflection will always come through in the end. You cannot lie to yourself forever. Truth will always prevail in the end. 


I don't say this to be harsh. Hear it with the love that I am sending it on. It is because I love you that I won't let you lie to yourself forever. It is because of my love that truth must be known. 


Seek me and you are seeking truth. Truth can be harsh but it is always the best in the end. Face your flaws today and you will be less flawed tomorrow. True growth comes from the recognition of and direct combat with your flaws. 


I love you and you are perfect to me. You are covered in the blood and I see you as whole and beautiful. You are a royal priesthood and you are my beautiful bride. I see you as whole. Being open to correction brings your daily experience into closer alignment with my view of you. I love you, now and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment