Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Taking care of everything...

My prayer:
My God, you are my strength, my hope, my health, my provision, and my redeemer. You are the reason to get up every day. 


Sometimes I get really anxious to be with you in heaven. When I look around me, I can get discouraged and think of how wonderful it will be in heaven where I get to worship you 24/7 without satan and his nastiness trying to distract and take me down useless paths of thought. I guess that is the point though, it happens when I look around me instead of looking at you. Whenever I am focused on you and what you do, I am encouraged and excited and can't wait to see what is next. Whenever I lose that focus on you and start looking at the world around me, I get discouraged. Sounds like I need to spend more time looking at you. But, does that mean I am ignoring "reality?" Does that mean that I am ignoring things that are right in front of my face that need to be dealt with? I don't know God, my thoughts are kind of running in circles tonight. 


Fact is, today was a great day. Fact is, in the midst of chaos, you always bring me peace. Fact is, no matter how bad things look, you always find a way to work them out. I love you God and I am making a choice to lay worry at your feet tonight. I am making a choice to lay every last thing that is outside of your will for us at your feet God. Let me know if there is anything you want me to do about them; but, in the meantime, I am leaving them with you. I love you so much. Thank you for always taking care of me and for always listening.


What God Said Tonight:
Is there anything to big for me? Remember when I first said that? It was to Mary when she questioned how she could be pregnant when she had never been with a man. It is as true today as it was then. There are no problems to big for me to handle and there is nothing that I can't make a way out of for you. 


I love you sweet daughter and I want you to keep your focus on me. That does not mean that you ignore the problems around you. It just means that you bring them to me and let me guide and direct you on how to handle them; on what to do and sometimes, more importantly, what not to do. 


You know why I said "Don't fear" so many times in the Bible? I knew that fear and worry would be a daily battle for my kids. There is a part of you that knows that the world as it is right now isn't right, it isn't what I planned. Some part of you deep down knows that there is something dreadfully wrong and it leaves you feeling uneasy, worried, and in fear. The root of that idea is true, things are not how I would have like them to be. Accept that and then realize that I still have it all under control. Recognize that the worry and fear come from a real place but because you are covered by me, because you are mine, you don't need to hold on to the worry. You don't have to fear. I will take care of it all. I will take care of you. 


Don't let the day to day hassles and the circumstances in your life throw you off tract. Trust in my ability and willingness to take care of you. I am your Father and I love you more than anything. Rest tonight in the peace of knowing that I am not sleeping and that I am taking care of everything.

1 comment:

  1. Philippians 4:19-20 You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus. Our God and Father abounds in glory that just pours out into eternity. Yes.

    ReplyDelete