Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Adversity...

My prayer:
Awesome God. Today was such a good reminder that you are bigger than anything I come up against. You didn't stop the snow like I prayed and asked for, but you made everything perfect anyways. I think I should stop praying so much for what I think i want and start praying more for what you want. I mean, I always try to make sure that the things I ask for are things that you also want for me; but, I am starting to think that I am approaching prayer from the wrong angle. If I stop worrying about what I want and focus more on what you want, I think everything will be better. 


God, I pray tonight that every single thing that you want for my life is accomplished. Bring in everything you want in my life and take out anything you don't want in my life. Period, that is it. 


Thank you God for wanting better things for my life than I can even imagine. The story of my life that you come up with is so much better and more interesting than what I would have written without you! 


What God Said Tonight:
It is funny. I have always had a plan and purpose for your life and I have always let you know that. When you see the plan, you sometimes pick out the parts you like and pray for those things to happen. Now, if you can change your thinking the way we are talking about tonight, you will begin to see and experience the full plan I have for you. It is so much better, fuller and richer than what you have known so far. 


Things going smoothly, without trouble, is not always the best thing for my Kingdom and for my people. Sometimes, it is in the adversity that the true growth happens. It is in overcoming adversity that others are inspired. It is when things don't go your way and you still trust and praise me that you gain a new level of peace and joy in your life that cannot be taken away. 


Adversity, trouble, is not the enemy. Sometimes, it is the perfect tool. I will always make sure you win in the end. You are my kid. I don't let my kids lose. I will never leave you. i will always take care of you. Accept my complete will in your life and see what you can be.

1 comment:

  1. Luke 16: 8-9"Now here's a surprise: The master praised the crooked manager! And why? Because he knew how to look after himself. Streetwise people are smarter in this regard than law-abiding citizens. They are on constant alert, looking for angles, surviving by their wits. I want you to be smart in the same way—but for what is right—using every adversity to stimulate you to creative survival, to concentrate your attention on the bare essentials, so you'll live, really live, and not complacently just get by on good behavior."

    ReplyDelete