Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Jesus...

My prayer:
Sweet Father. I am reflecting on your birth more and more as we get closer to Christmas, Imagining what that day was like. 


There are a lot of traditional depictions of what it is like. Then there are the people who say that the traditional portrayals are wrong, that the manger was not a "barn" but was the courtyard in the middle of the familial home. There are those that say that Mary and Joseph arrived in Bethlehem the night of your birth and those that say that they had been in Bethlehem for awhile when you were born. All very interesting to ponder. 


But, the things I think about are how were Mary and Joseph feeling? Did they completely believe you were the son of God being born in her? Did they have doubts? I mean, it had never happened before. I would think they had to have some level of doubt. Then, when the angels began to sing, the shepherds came to see you, and then the Magi, WOW! That had to confirm for them that something crazy, wonderful, and special was happening. 


God, I hope that Mary and Joseph were blessed abundantly for their obedience and willingness. We don't get to hear much about Joseph over the years. Did he have a good life? What was it like to be the earthly "father" of the Son of God the Father? Did he fell honored or did he feel inadequate? What happened to him between the time that we hear about him when you were young and the time you began your ministry. Was he still around? 


Then there is Mary. We have always been fascinated with Mary. The mother of God! Almost too much to wrap my mind around. One of my favorite moments with Mary is when after only one question to the angel who just told her that she was going to become pregnant by the Holy Spirit and give birth to the Son of God, the Messiah, she responds, OK, let it be done just as you have said it...Whaaaa? I am trying to imagine that. An angel comes and tells me something that sounds completely crazy and after one minor question of logistics, I say OK...I would love to think I am that obedient, but I don't think I could have done that. I am sure that is a big reason why you picked her, you knew that she could believe it and receive it (as they say). 


Well, I have really gone on tonight God. I am simply fascinated by how you accomplished it all. There were a lot of easier ways that you could have come to be our Messiah and savior. Thank you for doing it the way you did. I LOVE YOU!


What God Said Tonight:
I needed to do it just the way that I did. There was no other option that could accomplish all that needed to happen. I needed and wanted to know the experience of life. I needed to understand and experience the joy and the agony of my children. 


You have seen that I am a lot angrier more often in the "Old Testament" than I am in the "New Testament." The difference was my experience as a human. Experience breeds compassion. I understand the struggles. I understand so much better now. 


I hear you asking, "But are you not all knowing? How or why would you need to learn more about what it is like to live as a human?" It is the difference between head knowledge and heart knowledge. You are right, I know everything. I knew how I created you. I knew how the sin with satan and the apple robbed you of so much that I wanted you to have. I know and knew all of that. I didn't know what it felt like to be betrayed by a friend. I did not know what it felt like to be cold and hungry. I did not know what it felt like to be sick. 


Now I know. Now, I won't lose patience with you. Now, I will never stop giving you second chances to get it right. It was my absolute great pleasure to provide salvation for you. And now that i accomplished that, I am ready to wait as long as it takes for you  to be all that I intended you to be. I love you daughter. You are precious and exactly what I hoped for.

1 comment:

  1. Deuteronomy 4:30 GOD, your God, is above all a compassionate God. In the end he will not abandon you, he won't bring you to ruin, he won't forget the covenant with your ancestors which he swore to them.

    ReplyDelete