Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Why life matters...

My prayer:
Amazing God. I have felt all day, all week, maybe even all month that I am waiting for something but I don't know what it is. I am anxious for something, but I don't know what it is. I feel like things aren't moving as fast as they should or as fast as I want them to. You know me God, I am not very good with patience. 


The weird thing is, I don't know what I am impatient for. In some ways, I have been looking at life from 10,000 feet lately and realizing that all of this is just temporary, just a dress rehearsal for what really matters which is eternity with you. I look at my day to day life, I look at all the people around me living their day to day lives, and I think, are we really making a difference? Have I done anything today that will effect eternity? Have I done anything today that will help one more person make a life changing, eternity changing decision to live with you? I am not sure. Maybe one or two small things but is it enough? Is it ever enough? 


Searching for purpose tonight God. Remind me God why this temporary vapor we call life matters? I love you Daddy and I want to do what ever you have planned for me. Please let me know when I am not doing enough and show me how to do better. Thank you Jesus!


What God Said Tonight:
Life is a precious gift that I have given you. It is the first and important step in your eternity with me. There are great joys in life and there are great lessons to learn. There are things that you can learn in life that don't have the same impact after your life is over. 


There are things that you can do in life, while you have freedom of will and free choice that will determine how you spend eternity. There are decisions that you make today that will have impact on your eternity. Your actions have impact on other people's decisions for eternity. Life is a vapor, here today and gone tomorrow. You are not promised tomorrow in this life. 


That is why your decisions, how you choose to spend today is so important  Once you leave this life and come to live with me in heaven, you no longer have access to people who have yet to choose a life with me. 


You ask why your life is important. Your life is important because it becomes a testimony to people and helps them to make a decision to live with me. Your life is important because it determines how and where you spend eternity. It is important because it is your training ground. It is important because I gave it to you and I never give you bad gifts. I only know how to give good gifts. 


You must understand that you decisions, your actions, your words, all have eternal impact for you and others. Spend your life wisely, making good decisions, being a positive influence, helping people to make right decisions for their future. I love you daughter and your life is important because it is yours and you are mine.

1 comment:

  1. James 5:9-11 Take the old prophets as your mentors. They put up with anything, went through everything, and never once quit, all the time honoring God. What a gift life is to those who stay the course! You've heard, of course, of Job's staying power, and you know how God brought it all together for him at the end. That's because God cares, cares right down to the last detail.

    ReplyDelete