Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, August 22, 2011

Over and over...

My prayer:
My incredible God. I am not sure what to pray about tonight. The biggest thing on my mind tonight is that I have got to get some truly restful sleep tonight. Three nights at three hours per night is just not working. 


The thoughts that are keeping me up are so stupid. They don't matter at all. The weird thing is, I know at the time that I am thinking about them, that they don't matter, but they circle around in my brain over and over, keeping me from sleeping. 


My God you make me dwell in safety and give me sleep. You are my rest and my strength. I know your promises over my rest and my sleep but I am definitely not seeing them in my life right now. 


As I am writing this, I am realizing that I haven't been doing what you taught me to do a long time ago. I haven't been saying your promises over my sleep before I go to bed or when I wake up during the night. That will change tonight. 


God, I am sorry that I have to learn the same lessons over and over. You must get frustrated with how often I forget what you have taught me. Forgive me God. I love you and continue to be so grateful that you have all the answers and I get to come to you about everything!


What God Said Tonight:
I don't get frustrated with you relearning lessons. I only get frustrated when you stop trying to learn. I don't get upset when you mess up and  come to me. I only get frustrated when you refuse to see that you mess up or when you don't bring it to me. 


I never have and never will expect you to be perfect. Far from it. There is only one who is perfect and that is me. Expecting yourself to be perfect means you are expecting yourself to be God. That is dangerous thinking. 


Stop beating up on yourself and stop expecting perfection. We have a procedure that was put in place just for you and for the times that you mess up. Pay attention to yourself, your life, and my voice. When you mess up, recognize it, bring it to me, turn from it and I will forgive and show you the way out. I will show you a different way of responding next time. 


This was put into place for you to use as often as you need to. I did not expect that we would do this once and everything from then on would be perfect. No, I knew that you would need this process everyday for the rest of your life and I have gladly provided it. 


What you won't see in that procedure is guilt. I have no use for it and it just wastes time  and energy. 


I love you so much and my sacrifice covers you every day. Don't worry about being perfect, just be repentant and earnest in your desire to follow my will. I love you so much. Rest peacefully tonight. I am with you.

4 comments:

  1. That helped me with my perfectionist attitude. I lost my job because I pushed myself into a nervous breakdown and got deemed mentally unstable. But I felt led to leave that job anyway because it kept me from fellowship with the Brethren. Now I am seeking a home-based business opportunity-that's not a scam.
    Blessings,
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job 22:1
    [ Eliphaz Attacks Job—The Third Round ] [ Come to Terms with God ] Once again Eliphaz the Temanite took up his theme: "Are any of us strong enough to give God a hand, or smart enough to give him advice? So what if you were righteous—would God Almighty even notice? Even if you gave a perfect performance, do you think he'd applaud? Do you think it's because he cares about your purity that he's disciplining you, putting you on the spot? Hardly! It's because you're a first-class moral failure, because there's no end to your sins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that was just what i needed to hear today, thanks.

    ReplyDelete