Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, August 29, 2011

Not doing much...

My prayer:
Awesome God. I sit here tonight and look at the day and I am disappointed in myself. Maybe it is just that "after outreach letdown" but I look at today and don't feel like I did much of anything important. 


There was nothing bad about today. Work was good. I got some things accomplished. I had a couple of good conversations. But nothing important. Nothing like seeing someone who has nothing get so excited to get some new clothes. Nothing like talking to a good friend and finding that we have been dreaming the same dream for you. Nothing like getting to pray with someone who just came back to you and is looking for your direction. Nothing important. 


So, did I miss opportunities? Or, am I looking at it all wrong? God forgive me for not making today count for much. I love you and I will do better tomorrow...or I will at least try to.


What God Said Tonight:
What did I ask you to do today that you didn't do. You know there was one thing. It scared you a little and you put it off. That is ok. It can wait until tomorrow. But until you do it, you will feel stuck. You will feel like you are not doing much. You will feel unsatisfied. 


That is the way it works. When you ask for my direction and my will in your life and you don't follow it, you will be stuck until you do. 


Don't be afraid of this next step, this next thing I am asking you to do. It is a good step. It is the right time. Step out and do it and all the rest of the doors that follow will be opened. 


Don't get stuck here any longer. We don't have time. Tomorrow. Do it tomorrow and let's get moving. I love you daughter. I understand why you delayed but now is time to move forward with no more delays. 

1 comment:

  1. Jeremiah 13:15
    [ The Light You Always Took for Granted ] Then I said, Listen. Listen carefully: Don't stay stuck in your ways! It's God's Message we're dealing with here. Let your lives glow bright before God before he turns out the lights, Before you trip and fall on the dark mountain paths. The light you always took for granted will go out and the world will turn black. If you people won't listen, I'll go off by myself and weep over you, Weep because of your stubborn arrogance, bitter, bitter tears, Rivers of tears from my eyes, because God's sheep will end up in exile.

    ReplyDelete