Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Simple...

My prayer:
Amazing God. I have a lot of stuff on my mind tonight God but I don't know if any of it is worth talking about. 


Life is complicated but living life for you is pretty simple. I think, because you are so awesome and so big that sometimes I start to think that living right, living for you has to be complicated; but when I really think about it, it isn't. You really summed it up in two instructions: Love you with all my heart and love my neighbor like myself. Nothing complicated in that. No denomination mentioned in that. No church politics in that. No judgement in that. No dress code in that. 


God, help me to get back to basics and not get distracted by the details, rules, and ideas that are not from you.  Help me to remember the simplicity of you and your gospel. Help me to do those two things, love you with all my heart and love my neighbor as myself, every moment of the rest of my life.  Help me God to love better.  Help me to express that love better. 


I do love you with all of my heart. Now and forever God, you and me and our family!


What God Said Tonight:
Simple principles, simple instructions. I have tried to make it all so plain. I even wrote it down to make it plain and yet there is still so much confusion in the world. 


I don't want you to struggle to know my will and to know what I want you to do.  That would be like a boss at work never telling you the expectations of you in your job and then slamming you in an evaluation. I am not unfair. I am a loving God that wants you to know everything. I want you to be fully equipped to live this life with all of the very best. I want you to know. 


I am not mysterious. I am literally an open book. I just need you to read it. 


It is all very simple. When in doubt love. When you are afraid, love. When you are worried about your future, love. When you are happy, love. When you are sad, love. Love is always the right response. 


I love you sweet daughter and I love our time together. I love being with you and I love talking to you. Be specific in your expression of your love. Show people you really mean it. "I love your willingness to serve me" is much more meaningful to you than "I love you," right? Get specific about your love. Rest and get up tomorrow with renewed hope born out of our love.

No comments:

Post a Comment