Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Nurture the relationship...

My prayer:
Awesome and incredible God. I am sitting here tonight and it just kind of hit me, the incredible honor of being able to have a relationship with you. A relationship with God.  That is kind of crazy when you think about it.  How is it possible that seriously flawed me gets to have a relationship with you?  How is it possible that you love me? 


I know, I am covered in your blood and that makes it possible, but how in the world did you decide I was worth dying for? I know I have been taking my relationship with you for granted lately.  You have been so awesome and blessing me left and right and I have been grateful for it all.  But in the showers of blessing, I think I kind of forgot the awe of being able to know you, being able to talk to you, and being able to hear from you.  


I found myself saying earlier tonight, "Well, anyone can hear from God." which, while it is true, I was somehow implying that made it less special, less amazing than it is.


God, thank you for letting me have a relationship with you.  Thank you for loving me.  Thank you for providing a way for me to know you, hear from you and spend time with you.  Thank you God for letting me in. Life would not really be worth it without you in it. I love you God!


What God Said Tonight:
I need you to listen carefully to me tonight daughter.  You need to understand that there is nothing more important than our relationship.  You need to understand that it is through that relationship that everything else is possible  


I am all about relationships.  There is more power in one relationship than is produced by the sun in one year.  There is more power and more ability to effect change in one relationship than in anything else.  Your relationships with each other are very important.  You relationship with me is most important.  When we are in covenant, when we are closely aligned, on the same page, and agreeing with each other, nothing can stop us. We can take on the world and win every time.  


When you get distracted by life, by religion, by other people, that is when we start to run into trouble.  Relationships need nurturing and attention.  A plant, once planted, needs attention water, food and sunshine, or it will die.  If it is missing just one element for a long enough time, it will die.  


The same is true of our relationship.  It needs attention.  It needs to be fed with the word.  It needs to be watered with my spirit and with worship.  It needs the light of my truth.  It needs time and attention to grow.  If it is missing one of these things, it will wither and die.  I need you to nurture our relationship.  I need you to take special care of it right now.  It is under attack but it will all come out fine.  The attack is only proof that we are going to a new level.  


I love you so much daughter.  Give attention to our love.  Give attention to the things that keep us close.  I will love you now and forever because you are mine and I am yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment