Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Willing...

My prayer:
All mighty God.  Tonight God I am struck by the importance of our everyday lives. Decisions that we make, things we do and things we don't do have eternal consequences.  The words we speak are so powerful in shaping our lives and shaping the lives of the people around us. 

People are hurting all over the world and their lives are in the balance.  Their eternity is in the balance.  What we do, how we live, can make all the difference in their lives.  Sometimes I forget about how important it is to live my life for you.  I take for granted this life.  I miss the significance of how I affect the people around me. 

Sometimes, like tonight, when I step back and realize the impact I can have, for positive or for negative, I get a little overwhelmed.  What if I get it wrong?  What if, in a moment of thoughtlessness or selfishness, I do or don't do something and in that moment is someone else's last chance to make a decision for you?  How many people have been lost because I messed up and didn't pay attention to what you wanted me to do? 

But, maybe that is being arrogant.  I mean, you are God and if I mess it up, you can use someone else right?  But maybe there isn't always time.

God, I pray and ask tonight that you help me to not miss any more opportunities.  I pray God that you help me to live a life that constantly aware of my potential impact on the people around me.  Help me to live a life that is sensitive to the needs around me.  Help me to live a life that takes every opportunity to show you off.  Help me to get it right. In Jesus name.

What God Said Tonight:
You are trying and that is more important than getting it right.  You are willing and that is more important than the result.  I don't ask you to make it happen, I just ask you to be willing and available. 

Be willing and open and I will guide you, I will help you, I will make sure that the impact is positive and just what they need.  I am in charge of outcomes.  I am in charge of the result.  You are responsible for showing up and being avaliable.  When you do that, even if you get it wrong, I can work with it and turn it toward, your and their good.  Just be willing.  Don't close yourself off, don't get distracted and be willing and available.  I have got the rest of it covered. 

I love you daughter and I am glad you recognize the impact your life can have.  You are here for a purpose.  You are in the circle of people that you are in for a purpose.  I need you to be my light to them. I need you to freshen their light when it grows dim.  I need you to ignite them when their light has gone out.  I need you to be willing to stand in that gap and I will take care of the rest. 

My sweet daughter, rest tonight.  Thank you for your willingness.  I can use that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment