Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

How to know God...

My prayer:
You God are so amazing. 

I am sitting here tonight imagining what it would be like to try to describe you to someone who had never heard anything about you.  How do I describe someone who created everything that ever was or ever will be?  How do I explain that they may likely never see you in this life but that your presence is more real and more powerful than anything else, ever?  How do I explain a God who knows everything but wants to hear from us anyway? 

How do I explain that you are all of these things and more and somehow, you still love each of us.  Somehow, with everything you are responsible for, you are concerned about whether my meeting was successful, if I enjoyed my time with my friend and what I had for supper.  You have numbered the hairs on my head.  That is how much detail you care about when it comes to us.

God, fact is, you don't make a lot of sense.  There is no one like you so there is nothing to compare you to.  You are greater than anything else ever, so there is nothing, truly, to relate you to. 

The only way to understand you, to know you, is to invite you into my life. Bottom line, that is the only way and then suddenly, everything that didn't make sense, begins to make sense.  God, that is a big leap of faith though.  I am so grateful that you got to me as a child when I didn't need everything to be so logical.  I think I would have had a harder time making that leap of faith as an adult. 

Obviously, God, despite you not making sense to people who don't know you yet, despite my inability to adequately describe you, somehow you still touch people's hearts so they can decide to invite you in.  I guess that is the key.  My attempts at explaining you and "convincing" people about you are completely inadequate, but that is ok. When it comes down to it, you are the one that convinces them.  Maybe my feeble attempts open a door?  I don't know. 

What I do know is that you are more incredible and amazing than anything else ever and I love you more than I thought was possible. 

What God Said Tonight:
Ah daughter, you know my heart.  You know what is important to me.  You know that what I want more than anything is for all of my children to know me. 

I know that it is not easy.  I know that I am outside of the "normal" and natural experience, but that is kind of the point isn't it?  Who would want a God that is no more than they are. 

I am what I am and people come to know me through many different avenues.  Sometimes it is because someone tells them about me.  They might be curious or they might just be ready. Sometimes it is because of a life that they witness, the life of a true believer that lives for me and reflects my love.  That can convince more people than you know.  Sometimes it is an event.  You might think, and I know that you my daughter do think, that miracles convince a lot of people that I am real and that I am God.  Funny though, they don't really.  Sometimes they will, but only when the person was already close to believing anyway. 

What is more convincing is seeing someone who loves me and lives according to my will in their life.  When people see real faith, real trust and real love, that is what convinces them.  When people feel that love from you, they begin to believe it might be possible that there is a God that loves them. 

You were right to think that your talking to people opens a door for them to choose.  It does.  But so does your every day life.  When someone cuts in front of you at the grocery store check out line, how you react effects people's opinions of me.  When you give or don't give to others, effects people's opinion of me.  You effect what people think of me.  Remember to live a life that helps people to trust me and to want to know me. 

I love you daughter.  You are my billboard, my lighthouse.  Shine for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment