Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, March 7, 2011

Grace...

My prayer:
Awesome God, I wish I was a better person.  I did not handle this day very well.  I would like to be that person who always loves, who always understands, who is infinitely patient, but I am not that person...At least, not yet.  I would like to always think of others before myself.  I would love to give more than I receive.  But I am not there yet. 

Instead, I am the person who has days like today, when every little thing seems to get on my last nerve until I get frustrated with myself and I am no good to anyone.  I wish I was a better person. 

God, I ask that you make me a better person. Keep working on me God.  Keep changing me.  Keep making me into someone that you can use. 

I love you God and I am very grateful that you helped me keep my cool and not actually "go off" on any one. I pray God and ask for help making tomorrow better than today.  Make me better tomorrow than today.  Thank you God.  In Jesus name. amen.

What God Said Tonight:
Today wasn't so bad but your attitude gave you a tainted view of the events.  It clouded your vision of the day. Today, there was a lot of laughter.  Today you blessed more than one person.  Those are the things that you can focus on.  And, yes, you did not "go off" on anyone which is a huge improvement from not that long ago. 

You are not what you hope to be but you are much farther along in who you need to be than you were last year or even last week.  You are constantly growing.  You are constantly in the process of becoming all that I will have you be. 

It is good to want to be the best you can be, but it is arrogance to think you will achieve it on your own or even in this lifetime.  Your responsibility is to try and to recognize that all have sinned and fallen short of my glory.  You are a part of that "all." 

This perfection you so constantly seek is not very useful to me.  I need you as you are, striving to be all you can be and falling short, relying on me to make up the gap.  You and I, remember, we are in this together. 

You are so busy pulling yourself up by your bootstraps that you are forgetting to lean on me.  You are forgetting that I am here for you and I want to help you.  You are forgetting that I love you and I will help you and guide you always.  I am your ever present help.  Rely on me for that help.  Stop trying to do it all on your own and you will not get so frustrated. 

I am yours now and forever and I will always be here for you.  Relax and rest in me tonight so I can help put some things right.  I will make sure that your path is clear and straight.  You will know what steps to to take tomorrow.  I will make it plain. Trust me to guide you and trust me to make up the difference of where your ability drops off and my grace kicks in.  It is there for you.  I love you daughter, please don't forget that.

2 comments:

  1. Thank You for Your grace Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK POSTING ON WHAT GOD SAID TONIGHT PASTOR DON!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete