Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Obedience...

My prayer:
Awesome, incredible God almighty. How are you tonight God? You are always there for me and always ready to hear my complaints, my joy, my struggles and my pain. Does anyone ever just listen to you, just to hear what you have going on with no other agenda? If not, let that be me tonight. Let me be the ear to listen to you. I love you Daddy.

What God said tonight:
Interesting way to put it. You and a few others remember to ask me what's on my mind. But I wish more would. There is so much that I have to teach. There is so much that I want to give you. There is so much I want to help you with.

All I need is an opening. All I need is you to listen and be obedient. Obedience has gotten a bad name because it is often used in context of abuse. The person requiring obedience often has their own best interest at heart, not yours. But with me it is different. With me, My interest is always in you and making sure you have all that you need and want. My intention is to prosper you. My interest, my purpose is never to harm you or take advantage of you.

That is why obedience to me is smart. That is why obedience to me should be done with joy. When you recognize that obedience results in all good things for you, you begin to understand why I ask it of you. I don't want you to be some automaton, obeying without making a choice. I gave you free will. I want you to choose to obey me. I want you to choose to live the life I have for you. Not for my sake but for yours.

You won't believe how great life can be when you are obedient to everything I have told you. Now, all of that said, I really am not all about rules. I know that religion has made it all about rules but that is not me. I love you. I will tell you when to turn left and when to turn right. I will be a light unto your feet and a lamp unto your path. I will guide you always. Follow me.

Obey me not out of compulsion but out of love. Obey me as a choice. I love you so much and I want so much for you. I have so many treasures locked up and waiting for you. Follow my lead and we will go places you can not imagine. I love you, I love you, I love you. Follow my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment