Also check out:

The History: A couple of years ago, I started journaling my prayers and God's responses to them. I told my friends about this, they were really interested. I told my Pastor about it and he said, how about sharing those on line. When I asked God, He said, my words are for you, but not just for you. And, here we are...I hope He speaks to you in these words.

Also check out:
Learn how to hear from God at: http://www.howtohearfromgod.blogspot.com/
and
Connect with us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/WhatGodSaidTonight/OR

FOLLOW US BY E-MAIL:

Monday, June 21, 2010

Boredom...

My prayer:
Majestic God. Lover of my soul. You are so worthy God. You are so perfect. My ability to understand you is so imperfect, but you are so perfect. You are always there to lead me, guide me, love me. You are always there for me.

God, I feel like I am right on the edge of a big change and I can't wait. I am tired of things as usual. I am tired of getting up in the morning, going to work, coming home, going to bed and then doing it all again.

I love the new things you have brought in my life, the new church, the new opportunities, this blog, all of it. I love the newness and the challenge of it all. I know I should be content, but I am not very good at being content. Every opportunity to minister, to help, to serve, to love, to pray and to spread your word is like a drug almost. The more I do the more I want. The more I do, the less satisfying the rest of my life (e.g. work) is.

I know that there are opportunities to be the church, to be your hands and feet in nearly every situation in life. I pray God that you help me to see the opportunities in the mundane. I pray that you help me to see the purpose in those day to day things that seem like drudgery.

Maybe I am just too easily bored. Maybe I am the one that needs to change. God, if that's it, if I need to change, show me what to change and help me to change it. I trust you implicitly. Every thing that you have changed in me over the years has ALWAYS turned out to be for my good. So, if I need to change, let's do it. I love and trust you.

What God said tonight:
Oh sweetheart, you are not content because you have more to do. You are easily bored because I made you that way. I need you to always be looking for the new thing. I need you to always be excited to try the new thing. I need you to be out there in front, unafraid and trusting me.

Your change will come, naturally and without effort. You will not even notice until it is complete. You won't even know it has happened until it is done. You have many more new things in our life. You have many more times of new beginnings and new seasons. Be content in knowing that it is not over, it is not time to quit, we are just beginning this journey.

I love you and will take you into your future. Spend less time worrying about how you will get there and more time enjoying the ride. Rest, live, love and pray. Trust me in this and everything and I will fulfill my promises to you.

2 comments:

  1. Isaiah 43:18,19........Do not remember the former things,
    Nor consider the things of old.
    Behold, I will do a new thing,
    Now it shall spring forth;
    Shall you not know it?
    I will even make a road in the wilderness
    And rivers in the desert.
    You are being prepared for the coming move of God, He will make the dry places a river for you, and through you He will make a river for others.
    O come let us magnify the Lord together
    Moses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said as always Pastor Don! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete